TRAINEESHIP OPEN CALL
The traineeship will take place in English and in person in Bratislava, Slovakia. The trainee would be part of a small curatorial, production and art educational team of Kunsthalle Bratislava with horizontal organizational structure.
Kunsthalle Bratislava is a state-funded cultural institution without a permanent collection, focused on presenting a wide range of contemporary art approaches. The traineeship is funded by Erasmus+ program.
To participate, check with your university the program conditions/application process, send us your CV and motivation letter in English and we will contact the successful applications and start the application and registration process.
To apply, please send us your application as a single file in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Traineeship”.
Erasmus+ supports traineeships abroad for students currently enrolled in higher education institutions in Programme countries at Bachelor and Master level as well as for doctoral candidates.
These opportunities are also open to recent graduates. The traineeship abroad can last a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 12 months. Tasks may include: (these will be selected together with the trainee according to their skills and experience)
- Assisting in creating new program ideas alongside the curatorial and educational
team of Kunsthalle Bratislava
- Helping with exhibitions production and installation, direct connection with the invited
artists and curators
- Assisting with photography, video and sound editing, graphic design works and 3D
- Providing administrative support for day-to-day operations when needed
- Researching and interpreting works of art in the form of writing or dialogue with
audience through educational programs
- Assisting with writing and organising artist biographies
- Assisting with writing grant applications
- Assisting with events production
- Transcribing, fact-checking, copy editing and proofreading
- Researching, cropping and writing photo captions
- Helping with uploading the content on the website using WordPress
- Valuable in-depth and hands-on experience behind contemporary art gallery events
- Erasmus plus Traineeship Certificate and Europass Mobility Document
- Letter of recommendation upon completion
- Working closely and directly with the Curatorial, Educational and Production team
- Have the direct influence on the institutions program
- Opportunities to meet artists and curators in contemporary fine art field in Central
Europe and become more familiar with the local cultural scene
- Become part of a fun and influential network of cultural workers
- ICOM card (card grants free entry or entry at a reduced rate to many museums all
over the world)
For more information, click here and speak to your University Erasmus Plus team (mobility coordinator).
Kunsthalle Bratislava is a state-funded cultural institution without a permanent collection, focused on presenting a wide range of contemporary art approaches. It is situated in the historic House of Arts building, established in 1958, located in the most vivid part of the city centre. Kunsthalle Bratislava strives to formulate new dialogical trajectories among various geographies or political positions; its goal is to function as an inclusive communal space of immersion and engagement between (non)professionals. The institution’s cultural path, besides the temporal exhibition dramaturgy, focuses on collaborations with other institutions, cross-disciplinary relationships and mediation of discursive and learning