Workload: Full-time (40 hours a week)
Location of work: Tallinn
Type of contract: permanent
Start date: 22 August 2022
Deadline for submission of documents: 7 March 2022
The Estonian Academy of Arts is Estonia’s only public university that provides higher
education in architecture, design, art and art culture, and it has operated continuously since
1914. The Academy of Arts trains artists, architects, designers, art historians and restorers.
It offers approximately 30 specialities. A total of 1,200 students are enrolled.
The applicant sought for the position of professor at the Department of Animation is a
professional animation artist who works internationally and has considerable experience in
lecturing. The objective of the position of professor is to provide and organise professional
teaching, creative and development activities in the Faculty of Fine Arts and in the academy
in general, as well as to ensure professional succession. The professor must have an
international professional network and be able to curate the contemporary animation
curriculum offered at the academy.
More information about the professor’s duties of employment can be found in the
professor’s job description.
Requirements for the candidate:
• master’s degree or equivalent qualification;
• internationally recognized creative artist in his or her field;
• competence to organize teaching and to teach subjects in their speciality at all levels of
higher education (teaching experience in higher education is required) and experience
supervising students (unless the candidate has not worked as an ordinary teaching staff
member in a higher education institution);
• ability to develop curricula and teaching methods;
• persons with prior experience working as teaching staff must have participated in in-
service training in the field of teaching during the last five years;
• at least seven years of active research, development and creative activity (RDC activities),
competence to manage and direct RDC activity in their field and to apply for the necessary
• English proficiency B2, desire to learn Estonian;
• experience leading a team or managing a project;
• management, cooperation and communication related competences.
More information about the requirements for the position of professor can be found here.
Documents to be submitted:
• signed application addressed to the rector;
• curriculum vitae (CV), including structured data regarding artistic, pedagogical work and
professional management and development activity.
• document certifying education and degree along with copies of annexes to the document;
• digital portfolio (10-25 works);
• an overview and substantiation of international activity certifying that the person is
recognized in their artistic speciality as an artistic person;
• academic staff member’s teaching portfolio;
• a vision or activity plan for the subsequent work period (up to 3000 characters);
• other documents considered important by the candidate.
Documents are to be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Personnel Department
(Personaliosakond, Põhja pst 7, 10412 Tallinn, Estonia, ruum D202)
The Estonian Academy of Arts offers;
• the possibility to have a voice in the development of the speciality;
• meaningful work in a developing lifelong art design and architecture teaching
environment, Estonia’s largest;
• opportunities for cooperation and continued growth in other universities in the world;
• a supportive professional team and strong student community;
• 56 days of holiday and flexible work time;
• incentivized participation in sports and exercise programs;
• an inspiring and contemporary work environment in the Kalamaja neighbourhood of
For more information about the position of professor of animation, contact the Dean of the
Faculty of Fine Arts Kirke Kangro firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about working
at the Academy of Arts or applying for a position, contact Head of Human Resources Dagmar